Football in the Mosman Park/Cottesloe area began in 1906 with the formation of the Cottesloe Second Rate Football Club competing in the West Australian Football Association (WAFA).
The club won the premiership in 1906 and retained it for five successive years.
The team went into recess for the duration of the First World War and reformed as the Cottesloe Football Club in 1920 again playing in the WAFA. They went onto join with Claremont to form the foundation for the Claremont Football Club.
In 1921 The Cottesloe Beach Football Club was formed and competed in the Fremantle Church Association, wearing blue jumpers with red hoops. Success during the 1930’s prompted the Club’s move to the West Australian Amateur Football Association (WAAFA) in 1939. They were promoted to A grade for the 1940 season.
Upon the resumption of the WAAFA following the World War II, a meeting was held on the 7th of March 1946 to revive the club and call it the Mosman Park Football Club. The club, prior to the outbreak of the war, had to change their jumpers from the blue with red hoops to the now red and black to avoid a clash with West Perth. By 1951 the club was wearing the now traditional red jumpers with a black V.
In 1980 the club moved its headquarters from Mann and Davis ovals to Tom Perrot Reserve and the David Jones Pavilion. The club has enjoyed success throughout the last 3 decades with the most recent premiership in 2004 promoting the club to C grade in the Western Australian Amateur Football League.
In 2009 the club reintroduced their colts program with the team missing the finals by one game in their first year and competing in the preliminary final in 2010.